For many organizations, large and small, having a system in place to preserve emails is critical. How would you know if important emails are being deleted at this very moment? Do you have a method in place for quickly retrieving messages or attachments?
Email archiving solutions store a read-only searchable backup of the data either onsite or offsite using a combination of hardware or secure cloud storage methods. An automated system extracts each message along with any attachments from designated accounts. The information is then indexed and stored for access later. Anyone with access can then use search filters to track down received or sent messages.
Additional Protection for Your Business
Archiving solutions are different from simple storage solutions because they store the data in an unmodified format that offers search capabilities. A typical backup solution does not store this information in an organized, read-only format, which is required for compliance and legal discovery. Here are 5 ways email archiving benefits your business:
- Data Preservation & Recovery – Natural disasters are inevitable and often times unavoidable. In these situations, data on drives can be destroyed by storms, making data recovery even more essential. Email archiving supports this need as well as any other data preservation objectives.
- Legal Discovery & Compliance – Email archiving makes it easy to retrieve one or more messages in an unaltered format. Having this capability is beneficial in litigation cases where message information must be retrieved as part of the discovery process. It also helps your company remain compliant with federal regulations.
- Quick Message Retrieval – If you’ve ever accidentally deleted an important message, email archiving maintains the original format and provides an organized solution for quickly retrieving the message. It takes just a few seconds to find and retrieve the contents of that email.
- Centralized Storage & Administration – Email archiving solutions provide a centralized solution that is easy to manage. Employees do not have to spend countless hours maintaining message data, which allows for easier data management and improved productivity.
- Cost Management Benefits – Archiving delivers cost-savings opportunities by reducing the amount of required resources for backing up this data and reducing the number of hours needed to maintain them.
Additionally, the process frees up space on email servers, thus reducing the amount of stress put on them. It also eliminates the potential side effects of accidental deletion or lost messages. Most importantly, the introduction of an email archiving solution ensures your business is protected regardless of unexpected situations. By using a dependable solution, it is easy to remain compliant with federal regulations, protect this data, and retain critical company knowledge.
Tangent’s archiving solution simplifies compliance and litigation by automatically archiving email and social media posts – all at a cost that meets your budget. Learn more about DataCove.